Your personal information
Extreme measures are being taken in order to make sure that your data is protected at all times.
We implement the most up to date technologies to provide you with the best possible security,
such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) on all of our web pages to maximize your protection against data sniffers and strong encryption algorithms for storing sensitive information.
In addition, we use various methods and best practices for securing our web applications and dramatically reduce the chances for web hacking, other technologies such as Captcha and personal questions are also used to minimize unauthorized access attempts.
Please be good
We reserve the right to report and share information about any illegal activity to local and federal law enforcement authorities.
Some information about your activities such as IP address, time of use and personal details is being recorded
and can pinpoint your location, the origin of the machine used for criminal activity, all of which will be disclosed to the law enforcement authorities.
Any attempt for computer hacking and/or unauthorized access is no exception and will be reported to law enforcement as well.
Avoiding scams and fraud
When buying or selling your own goods and services, try to deal locally, face to face, follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase sight unseen - that amazing "deal" may not exist.
- Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.
Most scams attempts involve one or more of the following:
- Email or text from someone that is not local to your area.
- Vague initial inquiry, e.g. asking about "the item." Poor grammar/spelling.
- Western Union, Money Gram, cashier check, money order, paypal, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee."
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face to complete the transaction.
The following types of posts are prohibited
- Child pornography; bestiality; offers or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- False, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content; bait and switch; keyword spam.
- Offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or malicious postings or email.
- Anyone’s personal, identifying, confidential or proprietary information.
- Any good, service, or content that violates the law or legal rights of others.
- Spam; miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content.
- Postings or email the primary purpose of which is to drive traffic to a website.
- Postings or email offering, promoting, or linking to unsolicited products or services.
- Affiliate marketing; network, or multi-level marketing; pyramid schemes.
- Weapons; firearms/guns and components; BB/pellet, stun, and spear guns; etc.
- Ammunition, clips, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, fireworks, explosives.
- Recalled items; hazardous materials; body parts/fluids; unsanitized bedding/clothing.
- Prescription drugs, medical devices; controlled substances and related items.
- Alcohol or tobacco; unpackaged or adulterated food or cosmetics.
- Pet sales (re-homing with small adoption fee ok), animal parts, stud service.
- Endangered, imperiled and/or protected species and any parts thereof, e.g. ivory.
- Food stamps, WIC vouchers, SNAP or WIC goods, governmental assistance.
- Stolen property, property with serial number removed/altered, burglary tools, etc.
- ID cards, licenses, police insignia, government documents, birth certificates, etc.
- US military items not demilitarized in accord with Defense Department policy.
- Counterfeit, replica, or pirated items; tickets or gift cards that restrict transfer.
- Lottery or raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries, slot machines, gambling items.